– 1 x burdock root (gobo)
– Vinegar as needed
– 1/4 lb sliced bacon
– Salad oil as needed
– 3/4 bn young spinach (horenso) leaves
– 2 x lettuce leaves
– 1 x celery stalk
– 4 x radishes
– 1 x egg yolk
– 1 tbs wine vinegar
– 1 tbs lemon juice
– 1/4 cup salad oil
– Salt to taste
– Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
– Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces. Heat salad oil in frying pan, add bacon and fry until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
– Wash spinach and tear some into bite-size pieces (remaining whole leaves will be arranged on serving plate). Tear lettuce into same size as spinach.
– Cut celery into 1 1/2-inch matchstick-size pieces, about the same size as burdock. Cut radishes in a decorative way (for example, like a flower).
– Mix ingredients for mayonnaise dressing in bowl, add burdock, bacon, spinach, lettuce and celery and toss together.
– Arrange whole spinach leaves on serving plate, place tossed ingredients atop them and decorate with radishes.